Tuesday, October 13, 2009

What is romance?

things every other week or once a month with the person I love. I want to BE IN LOVE again. But when you have someone that always says "Sometime" or it just never happens, it gets hard to keep the relationship alive. I want a man that TAKES CHARGE of the evening once in a while, I want a man that will be rough with me from time to time (in bed). I want a man that will be a MAN. I mean once in a while, NOT every week, not every day, not every hour, but ONCE IN A WHILE IS NICE.

What "being romantic" means varies widely from person to person, but at its core, romance involves doing something to express affection in a meaningful yet unexpected way. A true act of romance requires creativity and sincerity, often inspired by LOVE (either its presence or its possibility). While harboring affection for someone might be easy, translating it into romance usually is not. There are millions of ROMANTIC IDEAS in books, movies and on the Internet, but true romance comes from within.

This hit me because I hate it when many women assume that guys know what they want. WOMEN THEY DON'T, THEY NEED TO GET IT TOLD TO THEM. Just as you know you're not a mind reader neither are the men, so get over the, "I just don't know how he didn't know", answer is "You didn't tell him. Next, we need to get over the fact that our "Cinderella Fantasy" is not coming true. We can't expect men to be romantic as they are in the movies. Some are, but most aren't. Again it comes back to what you say and what you like. Take me for instance, I would love for my husband to one day, have rose petals all over the room, with candles burning and a nice warm bath going, and wonderful sex music going (R & B). He then gives me a massage and then I give him one and then BAM. That sounds nice. Or maybe every other day, I find little love notes here and there, telling how much he loves me or wants me. Well you get the picture.

Well when we talked about this, he told me this "I did not know you liked that type of stuff." WHAT?? That is exactly what came out of my mouth, I was like what do you mean. He explained to me that I liked football, boxing and UFC. I play fight with him, I don't shop as much as another female would. I am not clingy, I am confident and strong, and I don't need him. Okay, I said, first yes, I am a tomboy, second, you're my husband and although I do not show it, I will always NEED you. I like to be treated as a woman once and a while.

Just because I represent something not familiar to you doesn't mean I do not like my man to take charge and show me a good time. I love to be pampered as you do and although, I do not expect too much, I would love to be surprised once in a while with a romantic dinner and a movie, or a romantic night home without the kids. It doesn't matter what you do or what you spend or don't spend as long as I didn't have to tell you to do it, I WILL LOVE IT, because you thought of it. Of course, this still hasn't taken its course and well, I am still waiting for "MY NIGHT". But he did started with getting me my favorite, carnations ONCE A MONTH. So I'll keep ya posted!


Found some info at wiki how.

No comments:

Post a Comment